Slow Cooker Italian Mushrooms
Slow Cooker Mushrooms make an excellent side-dish. They go perfectly with grilled meat such as: grilled steak, chicken, chops and ribs. Left-over mushrooms, if there are any, can be chopped up and added to omelets, scrambled eggs or quiche. You can also eat them cold, straight from the refrigerator like I’ve been known to do from time to time. Most people don’t think of mushrooms as a side-dish but one taste of these and you will definitely change your mind. You can use cremini mushrooms, regular white button mushrooms or any mushroom you and family likes.
- 1 pound
- 1 large
onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup
- 2 tablespoons
- 1 envelope
Italian salad dressing mix (dry)
- Using a damp paper towel, wipe and clean mushrooms.
- Remove stems and discard, if desired.
- In a 3 quart slow cooker, layer mushrooms and sliced onions.
- Combine butter, oil, and salad dressing mix; pour over mushrooms.
- Cover and cook on low for 3 to 4 hours or until mushrooms are tender.