Irish Cabbage #Sunday Supper
Today on Sunday Supper we are going to share Healthy Green Recipes for Saint Patrick’s Day. We absolutely loved this recipe for Irish Cabbage. It’s simply delicious. The cabbage was super tender, the addition of bacon, well…let’s face it, bacon never hurt anything and after making this recipe I have realized that apple cider vinegar and cabbage are meant for each other. Right before serving the cabbage is placed under the broiler giving the cabbage a nice golden brown color and crisping up the bacon perfectly.
Give Cabbage a Chance
If you haven’t eaten cabbage in awhile or your convinced that you don’t like cabbage, then you have got to try this recipe and give cabbage a second chance. This recipe is not only fast and easy to make, requiring less than six ingredients, it’s super delicious and super duper affordable. Irish Cabbage costs under $5.00 to make if you use inexpensive bacon. Not bad considering this dish will serve 4 people.
- 2 slices thick
- 1 medium
cabbage, cored and cut into wedges
- 1/2 teaspoon
- 2 tablespoons
- 2 cups
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- salt and pepper,
- Preheat oven broiler
- Place cabbage into a large pot. Add water and bring to a boil.
- Simmer over low heat until tender, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon in a skillet over medium-high heat until crisp. Drain and set aside. Drain cabbage, and drizzle with melted butter. Sprinkle with bacon and nutmeg. Transfer to a baking dish. Drizzle with apple cider vinegar. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place under your oven’s broiler until the top layer is lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Get Your Greens Smoothie by Hardly A Goddess
- Green Breakfast Omelet Bites by Momma’s Meals
- Green Eggs and Ham by Feeding Big
- Green Scrambled Eggs with Ham by Cricket’s Confections
- Kuku Sabzi – Persian Herb Frittata by Caroline’s Cooking
- Matcha Overnight Oats by Brunch-n-Bites
- Southwest Breakfast Spinach Wrap by The Freshman Cook
- Super Green Smoothie by Simple and Savory
- Creamy Pistachio Frozen Yogurt by My Sweet Zepol
- Matcha Mint Coconut Candy by My Life Cookbook
- Sautéed Garlic and Parmesan Chicken With Spinach by My Sweet Savings
- Super Lime Bars by What Smells So Good?
- Gambian Spinach with Peanut Sauce by Tara’s Multicultural Table
Must Make Main Dishes
- Grilled Lettuce and Steak Salad by Sunday Supper Movement
- Pan Roasted Cod on Spinach Basil Risotto with Lemon Butter Sauce by Positively Stacey
- Poached Cod with Pesto Wine Sauce by Life Tastes Good
- Potato Leek Skillet Pizza by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Skinny Reuben Wraps with Homemade 1000 Island Dressing by For the Love of Food
- Tequila Chicken Salad by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Brussels Sprout and Kale Salad by Pies and Plots
- Green Goddess Bibb Salad by Palatable Pastime
- Pixie Dust Salad with Avocados, Pixie Tangerines and Radishes by Shockingly Delicious
- Sesame Wedge Salad with Key Lime Vinaigrette & Pickled Green Tomatoes by Gourmet Everyday
- Shades of Green Salad by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Zucchini Carpaccio Salad by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Colcannon by Wholistic Woman
- Green Goddess Dip by From the Bookshelf
- Grilled Cabbage with Spicy Lime Dressing by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Irish Cabbage by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Miso Roasted Broccoli by Life Currents
- Pistachio Parmesan Oven Fries by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Quinoa Tabbouleh by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts by Books n’ Cooks
- Soy Glazed Sugar Snap Peas by Food Lust People Love
- Spinach Tots by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Warm Brussels Sprout Slaw by Jersey Girl Cooks
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.