On the Menu Today~
Crab Cakes with Chipotle Mayonnaise
Living in WI, we don’t have an overabundance of crab meat.
We wanted to make crab cakes, with as fresh as possible crab meat and
we wanted to make crab cakes as ‘authentic’ as possible.
We searched high and low and
in the end we decided to order crab meat online.
It was a little pricey but well worth it.
Sometimes you just need to splurge….
The crab we ordered from Linton’s Seafood was clean, sweet, delicious and
perfect for making crab cakes.
Serve these delicious Crab Cakes with
a smoky, spicy, chipotle mayonnaise.
freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon seafood seasoning (Old Bay)
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
eggs, lightly beaten
lump crabmeat, picked
2 tablespoons finely chopped
fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Whisk together first 7 ingredients in a bowl. Gently stir in crab, panko, and parsley. Shape mixture into 12 (3-inch) patties, pressing gently to flatten. Place patties on a baking sheet; cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Melt 1 1/2 tablespoons butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 6 patties to pan; cook 5 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Remove crab cakes from pan; repeat with remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons butter and remaining 6 patties.
chipotle chile in adobo, seeded and minced
fresh lemon juice
salt and pepper,
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- In a small bowl, whisk all ingredients together.
- Store in the refrigerator until needed.