Pork Chops with Dirty Rice #Sunday Supper
It’s Sunday and that means…It’s time for #Sunday Supper. Today’s Event: Easy Pork Chops Recipes and today’s host is: Shelby from Grumpy’s Honeybunch. What could be easier than Pork Chops with Dirty Rice. This recipe is not only easy it’s fast and very affordable. It has been a family favorite for many years.
I’ve been making this recipe for as long as I can remember. At my age, when there are days I can barely remember where I put my car keys, remembering a recipe is a good thing. I’ve been making this recipe for many years, I don’t even need a recipe anymore and that can only mean one thing, it must be a darn good recipe! When making this recipe, I like to use thick cut pork chops. I have a tendency to overcook thin cut pork chops,
which makes them dry, tough and not very flavorful but if you prefer thin-cut chops by all means use thin-cut. Serve Pork Chops and Dirty Rice, with a small tossed green salad or steamed vegetables of your choice.
- 6 thick cut pork chops
- 2 tablespoons
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon
- 1/4 teaspoon
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup
- 1/2 cup
- 1/2 cup
chopped green pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 pound
mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- 3 beef bouillon cubes, crushed
- 4 cups
cooked long grain rice
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 pound ground pork, cooked and drained
- 1/2 cup water
- Heat oven to 350º
- Prepare rice according to package directions. Set aside.
- In a small skillet, brown ground pork until no longer pink inside. Drain and set aside.
- Heat oil and butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add pork chops, fry for about 5 to 8 minutes per side. Remove from skillet, sprinkle with salt, pepper and oregano, set aside.
- In same skillet, saute celery, onion, green pepper, garlic, mushrooms and crushed bouillon cubes, simmer for about 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, stir together rice, cream of mushroom soup, ground pork and celery mixture, stir well. Set aside. In same skillet, add a 1/2 cup water, bring to a boil, stirring constantly to loosen browned bits from bottom of pan, boil 1 to 2 minutes.
- Spray 2 quart baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Spoon rice mixture into prepared baking dish. Place pork chops on top of rice mixture, pour water mixture over pork chops.
- Cover and bake for 45 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for 10 to 15 minutes longer.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
- Braised Orange Tomato Pork Chops by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Braised Pork Chops with Country Gravy by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Breakfast Chops by Palatable Pastime
- Brown Sugar and Balsamic Glazed Pork Chops by My Sweet Savings
- Chili Rubbed Pork Chops with Apricot Ginger Glaze by Life Tastes Good
- Cider Braised Pork Chops with Apple and Rutabaga by Caroline’s Cooking
- Creamy Apple Pork Chops by Savory Experiments
- Easy Bourbon-Brown Sugar Roasted Pork Chops by Gourmet Everyday
- Easy Cilantro Lime Pork Chops by Cooking Chat
- Easy Creamy Seasoned Pork Chops & Rice by Crazed Mom
- Easy One Pan Oven Roasted Pork Chops by Pies and Plots
- Easy Oven Baked & Breaded Pork Chops by Hardly A Goddess
- Fontina Pork Chops with Mushroom Sauce by Soulfully Made
- Fried Pork Chops by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Grilled Boneless Pork Chops with Broccoli Rabe by Simple and Savory
- Grilled Pork Chops with a Strawberry Balsamic Glaze by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Indian-Spiced Pork Chop Potato Skillet by Sunday Supper Movement
- Japanese-Style Pork Chops Tonkatsu by Asian In America
- Mom’s Cornflake Pork Chops by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Mushroom Smothered Pork Chops over Noodles by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
And More Pork Chops
- One Pan Pesto Pork Chops by Cricket’s Confections
- Pork & Peppers Stir Fry by Wholistic Woman
- Pork Chops Caprese by Jersey Girl Cooks
- Pork Chops Dijonnaise by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Pork Chops with Dirty Rice by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Pork Chops, Peperoncini and Potatoes by Tramplingrose
- Prosciutto Wrapped Brie and Onion Stuffed Pork Chops by The Freshman Cook
- Quick Brine Pork Chops with Brown Sugar Glaze by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Quick Easy Maple Glazed Pork Chops by Sprinkles and Sprouts
- Skillet Tuscan Pork Chops by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Slow Cooker BBQ Pork Chops by Big Bear’s Wife
- Slow Cooker Pork Burritos by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Slow Cooker Pork Chops with Mushroom Sauce by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Spicy Maple-Glazed Pork Chops with Jalapeno Cheese Grits by The Weekend Gourmet
- Vietnamese Grilled Pork Chop by Brunch-n-Bites
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.