Easy Holiday Party Recipe
Sunday Supper Movement
Hosted by: Cricket Plunkett from
Cranberry Jezebel Sauce.
Cranberry Jezebel Sauce is exactly as the name suggests…
Sweet, Tart, Sassy, Fruity and Spicy…
Just like Jezebel herself.
Cranberry Jezebel Sauce is:
Sweet: from both granulated and dark brown sugar…
Tart: from the whole cranberries…
Sassy: from the Bee Sting Irish Whiskey…
Fruity: from the seedless blackcurrant preserves and
Spicy: from the prepared horseradish and Dijon mustard…
The ingredient list might sound somewhat strange but
believe you me, it’s fantastic~
use your favorite bratwurst or your favorite sausage links.
Meatballs work well also.
Cranberry Bratwurst Bites in Cranberry Jezebel Sauce
cranberry bratwurst (Trigs Smokehouse)
water to cover
1/2 cup packed
dark brown sugar
1 (12 oz) bag
fresh or frozen cranberries (Cape Cod Select Cranberries)
- 2 measures Irish Whiskey (Paddy Bee Sting Irish Whiskey), optional
seedless, blackcurrant preserves (Lowell)
- Place water and sugars in a saucepan. Cook over medium-high heat and bring to a boil.
- Add cranberries, return mixture to a boil, the reduce heat and simmer stirring often for 10 minutes. Cranberry skins should be popped and the mixture will thicken. Remove from heat. Stir in preserves, horseradish, mustard and pinch of salt. Simmer sauce for 15 minutes.
- Prepare bratwurst: In a medium saucepan, add water and bratwurst. Bring to a boil. Boil for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and drain.
- Brown bratwurst in a large skillet until browned on all sides and cooked through, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove bratwurst from skillet to a serving plate, let cool. When bratwurst are cool enough to handle, slice into 2-inch slices. Return bratwurst pieces back to skillet, add cranberry jezebel sauce. Heat just until heated through, 5 to 10 minutes. Serve bratwurst in sauce.
- 3 Ingredient Citrus Salad by Wholistic Woman
- Caprese Dip by The Freshman Cook
- Easy Persimmon Appetizer with Minted Mascarpone by Caroline’s Cooking
- Goat Cheese & Basil Stuffed Peppadews by My Life Cookbook
- Mom’s Cheese Ball by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Mushroom Pate by Simple and Savory
- Slow Cooker Spinach Artichoke Dip by The Crumby Cupcake
- Steamed Mussels in Miso Broth by kimchi MOM
- Stuffed Turkey Cutlets by Sunday Supper Movement
- Boozy Slow Cooker Hot Cocoa by Cricket’s Confections
- Cranberry Cocktails 3 Ways by Monica’s Table
- Sparkling Pamplemousse by Books n’ Cooks
- Candy Cane Fudge by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Easy Lemon Bundt Cake by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Peppermint Meringue Cookies by The Redhead Baker
- Pumpkin Nutella Cookie Bars by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Sweet and Salty Toffee Bark by Pies and Plots
- Cheese Ball Pops by Palatable Pastime
- Cranberry Bacon Jam Crostini by Life Tastes Good
- Cranberry Bratwurst Bites in Cranberry Jezebel Sauce by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Healthier Sausage Crescent Bites by Momma’s Meals
- Hoisin Beef Purses by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Jalapeno Potato Poppers by Mindy’s Cooking Obsession
- Mini Beef Wellingtons by IV Greenhouse
- Spicy Sausage Tarts by A Mind Full Mom
- St. Louis Ravioli by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Tuna Salad Deviled Eggs by Food Lust People Love
- Loaded Pizza Stew by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Roast Chicken with Scallions and Mushrooms by Asian In America
- Simple Christmas Pizza by Cooking Chat
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.