Carnation® Famous Fudge
Creamy, Silky and Smooth. Carnation® Famous Fudge has been around for years..Why? It’s easy to make even for the first time fudge maker like me,
it turns out every time and it’s delicious! There are a few “rules” to making fudge…1. Use a heavy-duty, medium saucepan…(no teflon please) 2. Bring sugar, butter, milk and salt mixture to a full rolling boil and stir constantly..3. Add marshmallows, chocolate chips, nuts and stir vigorously. Following these simple “rules”and you’ll make fantastic fudge each and every time.
With this one, easy recipe and changing the chocolate and/or ingredients added, you can make many different varieties of fudge. We have made white chocolate blueberry fudge, maple nut fudge, chocolate mint fudge and my favorite candy cane fudge. So put your thinking cap on see what you can come up with. Anyway you make this fudge, this recipe is wonderfully delicious and super easy. Doesn’t get any better than that!
My Grandma Rose was famous for her fudge. Each holiday season she made batch after batch of fudge. She made fudge well into her 70’s and now that I have decide to continue the fudge “tradition” I don’t know how in the world she did it. My grandma didn’t use this recipe either, not the fast and easy kind like me. My grandma made the cook kind fudge, the “soft ball’ stage kind. Very impressive if you ask me. Someday I hope to “master” her recipe for fudge but until then, I’ll be happy to carry on her fudge tradition with this delicious fudge recipe.
- 1 1/2 cups
- 2/3 cup
carnation® evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons
- 1/4 teaspoon
- 2 cups
- 1 1/2 cups
semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup
chopped walnuts, optional
- 1 teaspoon
- Line 8-inch square baking pan with foil.
- Combine sugar, evaporated milk, butter and salt in a medium, heavy-duty saucepan. Bring to a full rolling boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Boil, stirring constantly, for 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir in marshmallows, chocolate chips, nuts, if using and vanilla extract.
- Stir vigorously for 1 minute or until marshmallows are melted. Pour into prepared baking pan; refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm. Lift from pan; remove foil. Cut into 48 pieces.