The On the Menu Today~
Pistachio Cranberry Ginger Cookies
Turnips 2 Tangerines has taken the challenge!
Turnips 2 Tangerines is one of 75 eligible food bloogers,
participating in Simply Sesame first anuual recipe challenge.
We have been busy in the kitchen whipping up
three delicious recipes using:
Simply Sesame’s Vanilla with Almond Bites,
Simply Sesame’s Pistachio Morsels with a hint of Cardamon and
Simply Sesame’s Pure Roasted Sesame.
Simply Sesame produces healthy, snack food spreads.
Perfect for use as a peanut butter alternative or
energy-packed snack, such as our recipe for:
“Pistachio Cranberry Ginger Cookies”
Great for breakfast, late afternoon snack or
when you just want a cookie~
Now on to our second recipe for “Simple Sesame Blogger Recipe Challenge”
This recipe features: Simply Sesame Pistachio Morsels & Hint of Cardamom.
Cookies are always a favorite in my house.
I would rather grab a cookie than a piece of cake any day.
If you love a crispy cookie, you are going to love these.
Crunchy, flavorful and chewy from the bits of diced
dried cranberries and crystallized ginger.
Pistachio Cranberry Ginger Cookies Rock~
They’re studded with diced dried cranberries,
diced crystallized ginger and pistachios.
We can’t forget the star of the recipe:
Simply Sesame Pistachio Morsels & Hint of Cardamom,
which is absolutely delicious and perfect in this cookie recipe.
4 tablespoons unsalted
butter, room temperature
light brown sugar, packed
egg yolk, room temperature
Simply Sesame Pistachio Morsels & Hint of Cardamom
1/2 cup plus 4 tablespoons
dried cranberries, diced
crystallized ginger, diced
- In a small food processor, grind pistachios with vegetable oil until well combined. Set aside.
- In a bowl, with an electric mixer, combine butter and brown sugar until fluffy. Beat in egg yolk and vanilla extract. Beat in the pistachio/oil mixture until incorporated. Fold in simply sesame pistachio morsels & hint of cardamom spread.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour and baking soda. Slowly add to butter/pistachio mixture. Fold in diced dried cranberries and ginger.
- Shape dough into a log. Wrap log in plastic wrap. Chill for 1 hour or up to 3 hours.
- Slice dough into thin slices. Press slices into a circular shape, using the palm of your hand.
- Place 2 inches apart on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 350º F for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Let cool on pan for 5 minutes, transfer to a cooling rack.