On the Menu Today~
An easy, three ingredient recipe..
made into an impressive dessert.
1 1/2 quarts
cherry pie filling (homemade or Wilderness Brand)
1 (14 oz) package
refrigerated pie crust (Pillsbury)
sugar sprinkles (Wilton)
- Follow package directions for pie crust.
- Line a 9-inch pie plate with one crust.
- On a lightly floured surface, place second pie crust.
- Roll out slightly; with snowflake shaped cookie cutter, cut out as many snowflake shapes as possible.
- Pour cherry pie filling into prepared pie plate. Top cherry filling with snowflake cut-outs.
- Bake at 375º for 45 minutes or until filling is bubbly and crust is golden brown. Remove from oven, sprinkle with white sparkling sugar sprinkles. Cool on wire rack. Serve with whipped topping or vanilla ice cream.
- *Note: cover edges of pie crust with tin foil, remove foil last 15 minutes of baking to prevent excess browning of crust.