We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Pumpkin Krispie Treats
Pumpkin Krispie Treats are fast, easy, affordable and delicious. Everyone loves rice krispie treats and these treats have a special ingredient added to the melted marshmallow mixture, dry instant pumpkin spice pudding and pie mix. We then tinted the marshmallow mixture a bright orange and folded in 1/4 cup Autumn blend sprinkles. After the treats have set up for a few hours, call the kids into the kitchen and have them cut out shapes with a pumpkin cookie cutter. The stem end of the pumpkins are a mini kit kat. Pumpkin Krispie treats won’t last long, so make a big batch!
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 (10 oz) package mini marshmallows
- 1/2 (10 oz) package regular marshmallows
- 6 cups rice krispie cereal
- 3 tablespoons dry instant pumpkin spice pudding and pie mix
- orange gel food coloring (AmeriColor)
- 1/4 cup plus 4 tablespoons autumn blend sprinkles
- mini kit kat candy bars, cut in half
- pumpkin shaped cookie cutter
- Lightly butter 13 x 9 inch baking pan. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan, add marshmallows, stir until melted.
- Remove from heat; stir in a few drops of orange food coloring and dry instant pumpkin spice pudding and pie mix; stir in rice krispie cereal and 1/4 cup autumn sprinkles. Stir until well coated.
- With the back of a buttered spatula, spread marshmallow/cereal mixture into prepared baking dish. Sprinkle the top of the krispie treats with the remaining 4 tablespoons autumn blend sprinkles, lightly pressing down. Set aside for 2 hours.
- Cut out as many rice krispie treats as possible using pumpkin shaped cookie cutter. If your cookie cutter has a stem end, cut stem end off using a knife.
- Place one half kit kat mini candy bar in the top of krispie pumpkin treat for stem.