Pumpkin Krispie Treats
Pumpkin Krispie Treats are fast, easy, affordable and delicious. Everyone loves rice krispie treats and these treats have a special ingredient added to the melted marshmallow mixture, dry instant pumpkin spice pudding and pie mix. We then tinted the marshmallow mixture a bright orange and folded in 1/4 cup Autumn blend sprinkles. After the treats have set up for a few hours, call the kids into the kitchen and have them cut out shapes with a pumpkin cookie cutter. The stem end of the pumpkins are a mini kit kat. Pumpkin Krispie treats won’t last long, so make a big batch!
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 (10 oz) package mini marshmallows
- 1/2 (10 oz) package regular marshmallows
- 6 cups rice krispie cereal
- 3 tablespoons dry instant pumpkin spice pudding and pie mix
- orange gel food coloring (AmeriColor)
- 1/4 cup plus 4 tablespoons autumn blend sprinkles
- mini kit kat candy bars, cut in half
- pumpkin shaped cookie cutter
- Lightly butter 13 x 9 inch baking pan. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan, add marshmallows, stir until melted.
- Remove from heat; stir in a few drops of orange food coloring and dry instant pumpkin spice pudding and pie mix; stir in rice krispie cereal and 1/4 cup autumn sprinkles. Stir until well coated.
- With the back of a buttered spatula, spread marshmallow/cereal mixture into prepared baking dish. Sprinkle the top of the krispie treats with the remaining 4 tablespoons autumn blend sprinkles, lightly pressing down. Set aside for 2 hours.
- Cut out as many rice krispie treats as possible using pumpkin shaped cookie cutter. If your cookie cutter has a stem end, cut stem end off using a knife.
- Place one half kit kat mini candy bar in the top of krispie pumpkin treat for stem.