We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Minion Rice Krispie Treats
Make these Minions for your Minion loving little ones. These super cute and delicious minion krispie treats are a favorite of kids and adults alike…especially my grandson, Eliott. Minion Rice Krispie Treats are made the same exact way as regular krispie treats are made except…the bottom half of these minion treats are frosted with blue tinted frosting and the top half, the yellow half, is frosted with melted yellow candy melts.
- 4 tablespoons
- 1 (10 oz) package
- 6 cups
rice krispie cereal
- 1 container
vanilla frosting, set aside one tablespoon.
candy melts (Wilton)
gel food coloring (AmeriColor)
- minion cake decorations
- egg shaped
shaped cookie cutter
- Lightly butter 13 x 9 inch baking pan. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan, add marshmallows, stir until melted.
- Remove from heat and stir in rice krispie cereal. Stir until well coated.
- Spread marshmallow/cereal mixture into prepared baking dish with the back of a buttered spatula. Set aside for 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, spoon container of vanilla frosting into a bowl.
- Add a few drops of blue gel food coloring into frosting, stir until completely combined.
- Place yellow candy melts into a microwaveable bowl. Melt according to package directions.
- Cut out as many rice krispie treats as possible using egg shaped cookie cutter.
- Spread top half of rice krispie treats with melted yellow chocolate, smoothing with a knife.
- Set on a wire rack set over wax paper to allow chocolate to set up.
- Spread the bottom half of the rice krispie treats with the blue tinted frosting, smoothing with a knife.
- Set on wire rack to allow frosting and chocolate to set up.
- Decorate treats with minion cake decorations, using the extra tablespoon of white frosting as the “glue”