Fiesta Taco Chicken Lasagna
Delicious, spicy, easy and economical, everything a good lasagna should be. Fiesta Taco Chicken Lasagna is made the night before and then cooked off the next day. Served with sour cream, chopped tomatoes, taco sauce and shredded lettuce, you’ll have a delicious lasagna the whole family will enjoy.
Try something new
If your looking for a new and different way to make lasagna, then this is the recipe your looking for. Made with canned or rotisserie chicken, diced tomatoes with green chilies, thick n’ chunky salsa, enchilada sauce, refried beans, sour cream, no boil lasagna noodles and lots of shredded cheese. Fiesta Taco Chicken Lasagna is a complete meal in a pan. Serve this yummy festive lasagna with a frosty margarita or a Mexican beer.
- 2 (14 1/2 oz each) cans
diced tomatoes with green chilies, undrained
- 1/2 cup
thick n’ chunky salsa
- 1/3 cup
- 2 (12.5 oz each) cans
- 1 (16 oz) can
- 1/2 cup
- 1 (12 oz) box uncooked,
oven ready, no boil lasagna noodles
- 3 cups
shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup
chopped green onions
- 2/3 cup
medium salsa con queso
- 1/4 cup
chopped fresh cilantro
- Spray a 15 x 2-inch sheet of foil and a 13 x 9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. In a large bowl, mix tomatoes, salsa, enchilada sauce, and chicken. In a medium bowl, mix together refried beans and sour cream.
- Spread 1 cup of the chicken mixture into the bottom of baking dish. Top with 5 uncooked noodles, breaking to fit if necessary. Spread with half of the bean mixture and 1 1/2 cups chicken mixture. Sprinkle with half of the cheese and onions.
- Repeat noodle, bean, chicken and cheese layer once. Top with remaining 5 lasagna noodles, chicken mixture and green onions. Spoon salsa con queso cheese sauce over chicken. (Be sure the top noodles are covered) Cover with foil; refrigerate at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Heat oven to 350º F. Bake covered for 50 minutes. Uncover baking dish; bake 18 to 22 minutes longer or until bubbly and thoroughly heated. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- Sprinkle with cilantro. Serve with additional sour cream, chopped tomato and shredded lettuce.