Fall Colored Pancakes
Put some “fall” color into your day with these fun and colorful pancakes. You can make these pancakes in any color you like. We used a boxed pancake mix or but you can certainly make your own. We made our pancakes using a boxed complete pancake mix. but you can certainly make your own pancake batter. The fall colors we went with for our pancakes are; violet, lemon yellow, chocolate brown, orange, leaf green and bright red. We used Americolor Soft Gel Paste Food Color and Aunt Jemima Original Complete Pancake and Waffle Mix.
A dollop of whipped cream, a drizzle of maple syrup and a few sprinkles are all that is needed to finish these fun, colorful pancakes. Of course you can serve these fun filled pancakes with strips of crispy bacon and a small glass of orange juice. Your kids will run to the table when they see these festive pancakes!
- 2 cups
original complete pancake and waffle mix*
- 1 1/2 cups
- violet, lemon yellow, chocolate brown,
orange, leaf green and super red soft gel paste food color*
- maple syrup, whipped cream and/or
- Heat electric griddle to 375º F.
- Combine pancake mix and water, stir until large lumps disappear. (do not beat or over mix)
- Let stand 5 minutes to thicken.
- Divide pancake batter between six bowls.
- Use food coloring to color batter violet, yellow, brown, orange, green and red.
- Pour slightly less than 1/4 cup colored batter for each pancake onto lightly greased griddle.
- Turn when surface of pancakes bubble and bottoms are golden brown.
- Stack pancakes and pour over maple syrup.
- Top with whipped cream and/or colored sprinkles.
*Recipe tested with Aunt Jemima Original Complete Pancake and Waffle Mix and
AmeriColor Soft Gel Paste Food Color.