Easy Apple Cupcakes
Celebrate the Apple Season with these cute “apple” inspired looking cupcakes. After all, An Apple a Day, Keeps the Doctor Away! Even though these Easy Apple Cupcakes don’t actually contain any apples, they are a true delight. Apple Cupcakes are not only delicious, they are super easy to make.
Made with a boxed cake mix and frosted with a container of vanilla frosting, these cupcakes will be ready to share in no time.
Easy Apple Cupcakes are the perfect cupcake to make for the upcoming apple season or to make for that special teacher. Better yet, why not make these cute cupcakes just for fun. Kids and adults alike will love them. Easy Apple Cupcakes are decorated with tootsie rolls, green m&m’s and red crystals decorating sugar. Add to the fun and put a gummy worm in your cupcakes.
- 1 (15.25 oz) package
classic white cake mix
- 1 cup
- 3 large
- 1/4 cup
cupcake liners, brown, black, dark green or red.
- 2 (16 oz) containers creamy classic vanilla frosting
- 8 to 10 drops
Americolor super red, gel paste food coloring (per container of frosting)
- 2 (2.25 oz) containers
red decorating crystals
tootise roll midgets, unwrapped
green colored m&m candies
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Line 2 (12 cup size) regular muffin pans with cupcake liners.
- Set aside.
- Blend cake mix, water, oil and egg whites in a large bowl at low speed until moistened. (about 30 seconds)
- Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full with batter.
- Bake at 18 to 21 minutes.
- Remove cupcakes from pan and cool on wire rack until completely cool.
- Spoon frosting into a medium bowl. Add drops of red gel paste to frosting, mix until reach desired color, adding more or less food coloring.
- Frost cooled cupcakes with tinted frosting.
- Generously sprinkle frosted cupcakes with red decorating crystals.
- Insert one tootise roll into the the top of each cupcake.
- Add two green m&m candies next to each tootise roll for leaves.