On the Menu Today~
Classic Coconut Macaroons at:
This recipe makes a classic style coconut macaroon cookie.
For an added treat, cooled cookies can be dipped into a chocolate glaze.
Recipe for chocolate glaze can be found at: Free Coconut Recipes.
Classic Coconut Macaroons
almond or vanilla extract
cream of tartar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine coconut, extract and salt. Stir in honey until well combined.
- Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold into coconut mixture along with cream of tartar.
- Scoop mixture firmly into a cookie scoop and press onto a greased cookie sheet as you drop it. (the idea is to compact the balls)
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until browned. Cool cookies on baking sheet.