On the Menu Today~
Chicken Thighs in a Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce
Chicken thighs are inexpensive, making them very economical.
Not only are thighs economical, they are so tasty.
Dark meat tends to be more flavorful and tender than white meat,
making chicken thighs the shinning star of this recipe.
Even out shinning the white wine, Dijon mustard,
garlic, sun-dried tomatoes and heavy cream??
Well, maybe not…
all the ingredients together make for a very memorable meal.
A meal special enough to serve dinner guests or
your family for Sunday dinner.
From the fantastic and delicious blog: Salt and Lavender.
- 8 chicken thighs (skins on)
salt and pepper,
sun-dried tomatoes, sliced
1 (10 oz) can
- boiled red potatoes, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Add butter and olive oil to a deep oven-safe skillet on medium-high heat.
- Season both sides of chicken thighs with salt and pepper. Add to the pan skin-side down. Cook for 10 minutes and then turn over and cook for an additional 10 minutes. If the oil is splattering, turn down to medium heat. Chicken should release fairly easily once it’s browned.
- Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- Deglaze the pan with the white wine and mustard. Stir until the mustard has dissolved. Add the garlic, Italian seasoning, cream, sun-dried tomatoes and chicken broth. Add the chicken back to the pan, cover and cook in the oven for 45 minutes, uncover and bake 10 minutes longer or transfer the sauce and chicken pieces to a baking dish, bake covered for 45 minutes, uncover and bake 10 minutes more.
- Serve with boiled red potatoes.