Brownie Bomb Bars
Brownie Bomb Bars are perfect for football season, my favorite time of year. Football season here in Wisconsin is a sure sign that fall has officially arrived. Football season also signals that comfort food is back on the menu and “grilling time” is reserved for brats on Sunday before the big game. The hot, humid days of summer are replaced with cool, crisp days. Lazy days of summer are gone and school is back in session. I can hear all you Mom’s cheering, Yippee!!
I can even describe how delicious and decadent these bars really are. They are totally unbelievably good. They are definitely the bomb! One bite of these bars and you will be in brownie bar heaven. Brownie Bomb Bars have three layers of delicious goodness. The bottom layer is a chocolate chip brownie, middle layer is marshmallow creme, sprinkled with coconut and the top layer is melted milk chocolate chips, peanut butter and cocoa krispies cereal….told you they were good! You will definitely score a touchdown and a two point conversion with family and friends when you serve these bars.
It’s time for Sunday Supper. This Weeks Event is Easy Football Food Ideas for Game Day. Football Season has arrived and it’s time to get out your pom poms and cheer on your favorite team! Go Pack Go!
- 1 (18 oz) package
double chocolate premium brownie mix with chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup
- 1/4 cup
- 1 jar
jet-puffed marshmallow creme
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup
sweetened flaked coconut
- 2 cups
milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup
chunky peanut butter
- 3 1/2 cups
cocoa krispies cereal
- Bottom Layer:
- Heat oven to 325º Lightly grease 13 x 9-inch baking dish/pan.
- In a medium bowl, stir together brownie mix, egg, oil and water until fully blended. Spread brownie batter into prepared dish/pan.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes. Do not over bake.
- Let cool completely.
- Middle Layer:
- When cool, spread jet-puffed marshmallow creme on brownies. Sprinkle coconut over marshmallow creme.
- Top Layer:
- Place chocolate chips and peanut butter in a medium size microwave safe bowl. Microwave until well blended and smooth, stopping at 1 minute intervals to stir. Once melted and smooth, stir in cocoa krispies cereal. Spread evenly over marshmallow/coconut layer.
- Cover and chill for 2 hours before cutting into bars.
- Atomic Buffalo Turds by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Avocado Corn Salad by Books ‘n Cooks
- BLT Bites by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Buffalo Cauliflower Bites by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Buffalo Chicken Meatballs by Highlands Ranch Foodie
- Buffalo Chicken Taquitos with Cilantro Crème by Cooking with Carlee
- Cucumber Shrimp Cups by Sunday Supper Movement
- Chipotle Lime Chicken Fajita Sliders by Flavor Mosaic
- Game Day Burger Sliders by Dessert Geek
- Gyro Meatballs & Herbed Yogurt Dip by My Life Cookbook
- Ham and Salami Rollups by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Healthier Patatas Bravas by Caroline’s Cooking
- Kale Pesto Dip by Cooking Chat
- Lemony Chicken Wings by Basic N Delicious
- Liptauer (Hungarian Cheese Spread) by Curious Cuisinere
- Loaded Guacamole by Casa de Crews
- Loaded Smashed Potatoes by The Hungry Goddess
- Mexican Spinach Dip by Meal Planning Magic
- Nachodillas with Jalapeno Bean Dip by Palatable Pastime
- No-Bake Almond Energy Bites by Pies and Plots
- PB&J Wings by The Crumby Cupcake
- Pork Belly Sliders by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Queso Blanco Dip by Life Tastes Good
- Roasted Jalapeno and Chorizo Queso by The Texan New Yorker
- Seven-Layer Hoagie Dip by Foodtastic Mom
- Ultimate Taco Dip by Monica’s Table
- Bacon Swiss Burger Sliders by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Black Bean Chili by Cricket’s Confections
- Blackberry Sriracha BBQ Wings by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Honey Lime BBQ Chicken Thighs by Our Good Life
- Mexican Pizza by Chef Next Door
- Oven Baked BBQ Chicken Wings by New South Charm
- Oven-Fried Chicken Tenders by Food Done Light
- Oven-Fried Fish Sliders by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Philly Cheesesteak Sliders by The Redhead Baker
- Pork Steamed Shumai by Asian in America
- White Chicken Chili by Powered by BLING
- Loaded Potato Skins Southwestern Style by Simple and Savory
- Tailgating Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad by Crazed Mom
- 5-Ingredient Buckeye Dip by A Mind Full Mom
- Brownie Bomb Bars by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Chocolate Football Cookies by The Freshman Cook
- Miso Salted Caramel Ice Cream Sandwiches by Ninja Baker
- Touchdown Popcorn Toffee Bark by The Weekend Gourmet
- White Chocolate Toffee Chunk Cookies by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement?