Turtle Crispy Bars
Turtle Crispy Bars are fast, easy and delicious, just like all crispy treats. Marshmallows, caramel, chocolate, crispy rice cereal and chopped pecans. Hey, What’s not to like? I mean come on…regular crispy treats topped with caramels melted with sweetened condensed milk, butter and pecans, then drizzled over the crispy treats. Now the icing on the crispy treats, milk chocolate chips and butter is melted together and frosted over the caramel. The remaining pecans are tossed on top. Sounds delicious, doesn’t it!
- 6 cups
rice crispy cereal
- 4 cups
miniature marshmallows OR
- 1 (10 oz) package
- 4 tablespoons
- 5 tablespoons
sweetened condensed milk
- 3 teaspoons
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans, divided
- 1 cup
milk chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon
- Melt butter over low heat in a large saucepan.
- Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Add rice crispy cereal, stirring until well coated.
- Press mixture into a buttered 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
- Use buttered spatula or buttered wax paper to prevent sticking while pressing mixture down. Cool completely.
- In a small saucepan, combine caramels, milk and butter. Cook and stir over low heat until smooth. Stir in 1 cup chopped pecans. Drizzle evenly over prepared crispy treats.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine milk chocolate chips and butter. Microwave on high for 30 seconds to 2 minutes until smooth, stirring every 30 seconds. Drizzle over caramel.
- Sprinkle remaining pecans over chocolate layer.
- Let set for one hour. Cut into bars.