Delicious in a pie, fruit bar recipes or even in bread recipes.
The tartness from the rhubarb and
sweetness from the strawberries, blend together perfectly.
- 4 cups fresh or frozen rhubarb, sliced
- 4 cups fresh or frozen whole hulled strawberries, cut in half
- 2 to 4 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- In a medium saucepan, combine fruit and water, cook over medium heat for 5 minutes. Add fresh lemon juice and lemon zest to fruit mixture, stir.
- In small bowl, combine sugar and cornstarch; add to fruit mixture.
- Cook and stir 4 to 5 minutes or until mixture thickens and is bubbly, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and cool slightly. Use an immersion blender to blend fruit into a filling consistency. Cool.
* Rhubarb Strawberry Filling can be frozen, thawed and
used in any of your favorite rhubarb recipes*