On the Menu Today~
Sourdough Corn Fritters
Made with fresh corn,
sourdough corn fritters are the perfect accompaniment to any meal.
We enjoy these delicious corn fritters with a light drizzle of maple syrup.
|Sourdough Corn Fritters|
sourdough starter (fed)
1 1/2 cups
fresh or frozen corn kernels (thawed if frozen)
- Have all ingredients at room temperature.
- Mix starter, egg and oil in a bowl. Add sugar, salt, baking soda, cornmeal and corn kernels.
- Let the mixture stand at room temperature for about 1 hour.
- Heat oil to 375º in a large, deep cast iron skillet or Dutch oven.
- Drop batter by tablespoons into hot oil.
- Fry until golden brown. Remove from oil, drain on paper towels.
- Serve immediately with maple syrup and/or butter.