On the Menu Today~
Saucy Pork Chops with
Five Grain Blend
This is my version of a dish
my mom made many, many years ago.
In fact, it was the only way she made pork chops.
My mom made this dish without garlic and
she served it alongside mashed potatoes.
This recipe uses
Earthly Grains Quick Cook 5 Grains Blend.
You can purchase Earthly Grains at Aldi.
Five grains blend has 5 grains which are:
spelt, barley, wheat, rice and wholegrain oats.
Earthly grains is a good source of fiber and
a low fat food.
“Earthly Grains brings you truly wholesome products harvested from the earth. Grains contain important sources of many nutrients, including fiber, B vitamins and minerals, The Earthly Grains range provides a variety of satisfying grains. rice, couscous and more.”
Saucy Pork Chops with Five Grain Blend
onion, thinly sliced
1 can (10 oz)
condensed cream of mushroom soup
white wine or water
5 grains blend
- In a large skillet, heat oil and butter over medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Add sliced onions and minced garlic, saute’ stirring constantly for 5 minutes.
- Add pork chops, brown on both sides, 10 minutes per side.
- Remove chops to a serving plate, set aside.
- Pour 2 cups water into skillet, stirring constantly, loosen browned bits from the bottom of pan.
- Stir can of condensed cream of mushroom soup into water in skillet, stirring constantly.
- Return pork chops to skillet, reduce heat to medium low. Cover, simmer for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, prepare five grains blend.
- In a medium saucepan combine water and grains.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low, cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- For softer grains, cook 2 to 3 minutes longer.
- Remove from heat, let stand, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Drain any excess water, fluff with a fork and season to taste.