On the Menu Today~
Potato Bruschetta is absolutely wonderful.
Fast and easy to prepare,
potato rounds replace the traditional baguette
most often used to make bruschetta.
Top each potato round or bruschetta with
tomato and basil topping,
cubes of mozzarella cheese and basil ribbons.
You can top potato bruschetta with any of your favorite potato toppings~
The topping possibilities are endless…the sky’s the limit~
fresh grated Parmesan cheese
crushed red pepper
- 1 to 2 cups Tomato and Basil Topping
fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
basil leaves, cut into ribbons
- Preheat oven to 425º Line two baking sheets with foil.
- Lightly spray foil with olive oil non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Slice potatoes 1/4 inch thick and discard small round ends. Place potatoes in a medium bowl with 3 tablespoons olive oil and toss well to coat. Add Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and red pepper. Toss again to coat as evenly as possible.
- Place in a single layer on baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes. After 25 minutes, remove potatoes from oven. Top each potato round with about one tablespoon tomato/ basil topping and one cheese cube. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes longer or until cheese is starting to melt.
- Top with basil ribbons and serve warm or at room temperature.