On the Menu Today~
Always a favorite~
Whether they are served as an appetizer during a football game or as a side dish,
deep-fried mushrooms are always a favorite in my house.
beer, your favorite
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
3 to 6 cups
1 to 2 pounds whole,
large fresh mushrooms, wiped clean
- Pour at least 3 inches of oil into a large, deep cast-iron Dutch oven.
- Heat until it reaches about 375º
- Meanwhile mix beer, flour, garlic powder, salt, pepper, parsley flakes, baking powder, egg, and oil in a large bowl. Mix until smooth and well blended without any lumps.
- Dip mushrooms into batter and coat well.
- Fry mushrooms in batches in oil until crispy and brown, about 8 minutes.
- Remove mushrooms to a plate lined with paper towels to drain excess oil.
- Sprinkle with salt and serve with favorite sauce or ketchup.