On the Menu Today~
Round Cheese Bread
A few days ago, I was paging through the cookbook,
Fast Fixes with Mixes by Taste of Home
I was amazed at how many of the recipes
called for using Bisquick, over 45.
This immediately got me thinking…
“When was the last time I made anything with Bisquick?”
It turns out, a long time ago.
After that, I began my quest for Bisquick recipes.
This is just one of the many recipes in the cookbook:
Fast Fixes with Mixes by Taste of Home.
Serve this delicious bread with two of our favorite flavored butters:
Herb Butter and Sun Dried Tomato Butter
This savory bread with its Italian flair
is the perfect accompaniment to any meal.
Serve warm slices of this bread with:
Herb Butter or Sun-dried Tomato Butter~
Recipes for flavored butters follow~
1 1/2 cups
shredded mozzarella cheese
grated Parmesan cheese
- In a bowl combine the first 6 ingredients (batter will be thick). Spoon into a greased 8-inch round baking pan. Drizzle with butter. Sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes. Cut into wedges
Serve warm with flavored butters.
Two Delicious Flavored Butter Recipes~
minced fresh parsley or 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- In a small mixing bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Beat until smooth.
finely chopped green onion
finely minced garlic
finely chopped sun dried tomatoes in oil
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a small skillet, stir in onion and garlic.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until onion is softened.
- Remove from heat, cool 5 minutes.
- Beat remaining butter in a small bowl at medium speed until creamy, reduce speed to low.
- Add onion, garlic and sun-dried tomatoes. Beat until well mixed.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour.