We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Chocolate Chip Waffle Ice Cream Sandwiches
Good Morning and Welcome to Sunday Supper. This weeks event is hosted by: Renee Pajestka. Today is all about Waffles. Sweet Waffles, Savory Waffles and Waffles with Ice Cream. With temperatures hitting the high 90’s today, these ice cream filled chocolate chip waffles will sure to cool you off this summer. Chocolate Chip Waffle Ice Cream Sandwiches are the perfect sweet treat to snack on during the summer months.
- 1 3/4 cups
- 1 1/2 teaspoons
- 1 teaspoon
- 1/2 teaspoon
- 1/4 teaspoon
- 3 large
- 1/2 cup
unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1/3 cup
- 1 3/4 cups
- 1 teaspoon
- 1/8 teaspoon
cream of tartar
- 1 cup
mini chocolate chips
- 1 quart
vanilla bean ice cream
- Preheat waffle maker according to manufacturers directions.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, whisk egg yolks, butter, sugar, buttermilk and vanilla extract together until combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk gently until smooth. Add the mini chocolate chips. Do Not Over-mix.
- In a medium bowl, beat together egg whites with cream of tartar with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Gently fold egg whites into the batter.
- Pour 1/3 cup to 1/2 cup batter into preheated waffle maker, amount will depend on the type of waffle maker using, close the lid and cook the waffles until the green light goes off, my waffle maker, or until waffles are golden brown. Transfer waffles to a cooling rack, repeat with all batter. Allow waffles to completely cool before adding ice cream.
- Remove ice cream from freezer. Allow to thaw 20 minutes or longer, to soften. When ice cream is soft enough to handle, spread softened ice cream on one waffle, top with second waffle, slightly press down. Wrap waffles in saran wrap. Store in freezer.
See the other great recipes for this weeks Sunday Supper event below~
Sweet and Sinful:
- Banana Split Waffle Cake by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Black Raspberry Cheesecake Lemon Waffles by From Gate to Plate
- Blueberry Buttermilk Waffles by Alida’s Kitchen
- Boston Cream Pie Waffles by Crazed Mom
- Breakfast Poutine Waffles by She Loves Biscotti
- Chocolate Cherry Beet Waffles by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Chocolate Chip Waffle Ice Cream Sandwiches by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Chocolate Pizelles – The Italian Waffle by GirlAbroad
- Churro Waffles by The Redhead Baker
- Coconut Waffles by Omnivore’s Cookbook
- Dark Chocolate Waffles with Cherry Syrup by The Chef Next Door
- Easy Peasy Blueberry Sauce for Waffles by Pine Needles In My Salad
- “Elvis Waffles” Peanut Butter Bacon with Banana by Dash of Evans
- Fluffernutter Waffles by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Iced Gluten Free Waffle Cookies by What The Fork Food Blog
- Irish Cream Waffles with Whiskey Strawberries by Tramplingrose
- Japanese Green Tea Matcha Cream Topped Vegan Waffles by NinjaBaker
- Maple Bacon Waffle Ice Cream Cake by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake Waffles by Cookin’ Mimi
- Red, White and Blueberry Sourdough Waffles by Cooking With Carlee
- S’Mores Waffles by The Freshman Cook
- Spiced Banana Nut Waffles by Magnolia Days
- Strawberry Shortcake Waffles with Cinnamon Whipped Cream by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Strawberry Waffle Cake by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Waffle Kebobs with Maple Yogurt Dipping Sauce by A Mind Full Mom
- Yeasted Waffles with Peach Syrup by Pies and Plots
Savory Brinner Winners:
- Asiago Waffle Egg Sandwiches by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Bacon Cheeseburger Waffles (Low Carb) by My Life Cookbook
- Bacon Waffles by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Biscuit Waffle Breakfast Stacks by The Weekend Gourmet
- Bleu Pig Potato Waffles by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Cheesy Bacon Waffles with Spicy Ketchup by Momma’s Meals
- Cheesy Polenta Waffles by Cupcakes and Kale Chips
- Cheesy Spinach Waffles with Ham by Wholistic Woman
- Chicken and Ramen Waffles by kimchi MOM
- Chicken & Waffles by Family Around the Table
- Corn Waffles Nachos-Style by Caroline’s Cooking
- Croque Monsieur Waffles by Un Assaggio of Food, Wine & Marriage
- Eggs Benedict Cauliflower Waffles by Life Tastes Good
- Eggs Benedict Waffle by Brunch-n-Bites
- Falafel Waffles by Helpful Homemade
- Loaded Gluten Free Cornbread Waffles by Angels Home Sweet Homestead
- Mexican Cornbread Waffles by Sunday Supper Movement
- Monte Cristo Waffle Sandwich by Palatable Pastime
- Pulled Pork Waffle Tacos by The Crumby Cupcake
- Pumpkin Cornbread Waffles with BBQ Chicken Thighs by Our Good Life
- Scallion Waffles by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Waffled Falafel Sandwiches by Food Lust People Love
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement