Broccoli, Cauliflower and Bacon Salad
Broccoli, Cauliflower and Bacon Salad is a delicious recipe. Looking for a fast and easy, yet delicious dish to make for the 4th of July week-end? Give this salad a try..It’s fast, easy and delicious. My sister Mary gave me this recipe a long time ago. I’ve changed it slightly, adding apple-cider vinegar to the mayo mixture and tossing in a handful of sunflower seeds for added crunch. We like to use extra sharp, white cheddar cheese in this salad.
This is one of my favorite salads. It’s definitely on my list of top 10 all-thyme favorite salads. I have always loved the combination of flavors in this salad. Fresh broccoli and cauliflower tossed with red onion, smokey bacon and sharp cheddar cheese. The dressing is also delicious, sweet and creamy with a slight tang from the vinegar. Broccoli, Cauliflower Bacon Salad is the perfect anytime salad. For best results, serve this salad the day you make it but it will last in the refrigerator for up to 2 days tops.
Purchase a good quality, thick bacon such as Nueske’s
- 1 bunch
- 1 head
- 1 pound
- 1/3 cup
chopped red onion
- 1 cup
miracle whip salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon
apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup
- couple grinds of
fresh black pepper
- 1 cup extra sharp white cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds, optional
- Separate broccoli and cauliflower into bite size florets.
- Fry bacon, drain and crumble.
- Whisk together miracle whip, vinegar, sugar and pepper.
- Combine broccoli, cauliflower, bacon, red onion and cheese in a bowl.
- Add sunflower seeds if using.
- Toss with dressing, refrigerate 2 hours before serving.
Looking For More?
Looking for more Broccoli and Cauliflower recipes? Give this one a try Broccoli Cauliflower Cheese Soup