ñPiña Colada Cupcakes made with Betty Crocker Limited Edition Piña Colada Cupcake & Frosting Kit
Piña Colada Cupcakes are made with Betty Crocker Limited Edition Cupcake and Frosting Mix. The kit includes: 1-pouch cupcake mix, 2-pouches of frosting and the cupcake mix makes 12 cupcakes. Piña Colada Cupcakes are so delicious, you’ll be singing The Piña Colada Song in no time. ♫ ♪ “If you like Piña Coladas and getting caught in the rain”♫ ♪ We sweetened these cupcakes just a bit by substituting pineapple juice for the water, adding diced candied pineapple and sweetened flaked coconut.
- 1 box
Betty Crocker Pina Colada Cupcake & Frosting Mix
- 1/3 cup
cup water or pineapple juice
- 3 tablespoons
- 1/3 cup
diced candied pineapple
- 1 teaspoon
- 1/2 cup
sweetened flaked coconut
- Heat oven to 375º F for shiny metal pan or 350º F for dark or non-stick pan. Place paper baking cups in 12-regular size muffin cups or grease bottom only of muffin cups.
- Mix cupcake mix, water, oil and eggs in a medium bowl with mixer on low speed 30 seconds, then on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. (Or stir vigorously by hand 2 minutes)
- In small bowl stir together, flour and diced candied pineapple. Gently fold into cake batter.
- Divide batter among cups (about 1/4 cup each). Bake 13 to 18 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes; carefully remove from pan. Cool completely before frosting.
- Knead each frosting packet for 15 to 30 seconds. Frost cooled cupcakes. Sprinkle frosted cupcakes with sweetened flaked coconut.
This is not a sponsored post. Here at Turnips 2 Tangerines we enjoy passing along “food finds” to our readers~