On the Menu Today~
Deep-fried Haddock with
Homemade Tarter Sauce
Haddock fillets are breaded with a pancake mix
that is mixed with a stout beer and made into a thick batter.
Deep-fried Haddock can be served with
an easy homemade tarter sauce.
vegetable oil, for frying
seafood seasoning, (old bay)
1 (12 oz) can or bottle
beer (preferably a Stout)
- Heat vegetable oil in a deep, cast iron dutch oven or deep-fat fryer to 375º
- Place the pancake mix and seafood seasoning in a shallow dish. Slowly whisk in beer, let stand 10 minutes. Whisk batter again before dipping haddock fillets. With paper towels, pat fish fillets dry, to remove any excess water.
- Dip fish fillets into batter, carefully drop fish into hot oil. Fry fish for 3 to 4 minutes on each side until golden brown or until fish flakes easily with fork. Drain on paper towels.
finely chopped fresh parsley
fresh squeezed lemon juice
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together all ingredients.
- Chill before serving to let flavors marry.