Crunchy Coated Haddock Fingers #SundaySupper
Good Morning and welcome back, it’s time again for Sunday Supper. This weeks event features, Finger Foods for Dinner. Crunchy-Coated Haddock Fingers are not your mothers ‘fish ‘sticks.’ These delicious fish ‘fingers’ definitely don’t come out of a box! Serve crunchy-coated haddock fingers with tartar sauce. I’ve included a recipe for homemade tarter sauce, that is simple yet very tasty.
Crunchy-coated haddock fingers are made with panko bread crumbs. Many times in cooking a crispy, crunchy coating is a must. If you don’t want to make something deep fried and deal with a pot of hot oil, the answer is an easy one…use panko bread crumbs.
A Word About Panko
Japanese bread crumbs have a coarse texture that allows them to become crisp and have the same texture as deep-fried foods even if they’re baked or toasted. Panko crumbs can be used as a breading for shrimp, pork and chicken, as well as a topping for macaroni and cheese,
gratins and an ingredient in stuffing for artichokes to stuffed clams.
Use panko bread crumbs as you would regular bread crumbs in all of your favorite recipes. Panko bread crumbs are lighter, flakier and will give you crispier coatings, crunchier toppings for casseroles and lighter meatloaf, crab cakes and meatballs. You won’t be able to resist these delicious homemade fish fingers. Light and flaky on the inside and crispy, crunchy on the outside. You’ll be happy to pick these up with your fingers!
Make a Fish-wich
For a quick and easy dinner option serve crunchy-coated haddock fingers as a sandwich…a fish-wich. To make a fish-wich, simply follow the recipe for crunchy-coated haddock fingers and bake according to recipe directions. Divide crunchy-coated haddock fingers between four buttered toasted rolls.
Top crunchy-coated haddock fingers with homemade tartar sauce, (recipe follows) and mix one package classic coleslaw mix with your favorite slaw dressing. Top fish-wich with slaw and serve.
- 3/4 cup
- 1 teaspoon
- 1/4 teaspoon
- 1/4 teaspoon
- 1/2 teaspoon
- 1/2 teaspoon
- 2 pounds
haddock fillets, cut into fingers (substitute any white fish you choice)
- 2 cups
panko bread crumbs
- 1 stick
- In a shallow bowl, combine flour, paprika, salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder.
- Place panko crumbs in another bowl.
- In a third bowl, beat eggs.
- Dip both sides of fillets in flour mixture, then the eggs, then coat with panko bread crumbs.
- Place fillets in a glass baking dish, pour melted butter over fillets.
- Bake at 375º for one hour or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- 1 to 2 teaspoons
dried dill weed
- 2 tablespoons
- 1 cup
- 6 tablespoons
sweet pickle relish
- pinch of
salt and pepper
- Mix all ingredients in a small bowl.
- Cover; chill for 2 hours.
See the other great recipes for this weeks Sunday Supper event below!
- Bacon Wrapped Dates by Our Good Life
- Baked Blue Cheese Olive Bites by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Baked Chicken Flautas by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Baked Russian Piroshki (Stuffed Rolls) by Curious Cuisiniere
- Blue Cheese & Buffalo Chicken Wonton Bites by Moore or Less Cooking
- Caprese Polenta Cakes by Eat, Drink and be Tracy
- Cherry Topped Brie Bites by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chicken Pesto Pizza by Taste And See
- Classic Homemade Guacamole by Pies and Plots
- Fried Italian Stuffed Olives by La Bella Vita Cucina
- Healthy Buffalo Chicken Bites by Hardly A Goddess
- Loaded Mashed Potato Balls with Gravy by From Gate to Plate
- Mini Feta Leek Quiche by FoodieTots
- Mini Mediterranean Shish Kebabs by Hey What’s for Dinner Mom?
- Nashville Hot Chicken Flat Breads by Dad Whats 4 Dinner
- Pan Seared Bruschetta by Seduction in the Kitchen
- Raspberry Glazed Chicken Wings by Family Around The Table
- Roasted Strawberry Chipotle Hot Wings by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Sesame Chicken Fingers by An Appealing Plan
- Taiwanese Popcorn Chicken by Brunch-n-Bites
- Battered-dipped Turkey Tenders by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Beef Wellington Bites by Food Lust People Love
- Broccoli, Ham and Cheese Egg Muffin Cups by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Broccoli, Ham and Cheese Potato Skins by Simply Healthy Family
- Cheesy Baked Garlic Chicken Strips by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Chicken Parmesan Sliders by The Chef Next Door
- Cuban Sandwiches by My World Simplified
- Ethiopian Injera and Tikel Gomen (cabbage, carrots and potato) by Caroline’s Cooking
- Fish fingers and Old Bay Dip by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Fresh Vegetable Rainbow Rolls by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- German Potato Skins by The Crumby Cupcake
- Gluten Free Chicken Nuggets by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Haddock Fingers by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Ham and Cheese Sliders by Feeding Big and More
- Mini Pizza Pockets by The Freshman Cook
- Mini Pizzas by Angels Home Sweet Homestead
- Ribs with Whiskey Maple Barbecue Sauce by Palatable Pastime
- Savory Beef and Veggie Hand Pies by Positively Stacey
- Spinach-Feta Rolls by Wholistic Woman
- Steak Crostini with Roasted Red Pepper Spread by A Mind Full Mom
- Tacos in Lettuce Wraps by Simple and Savory
- Thai Basil Chicken Lettuce Wraps by Casa de Crews
- Thai-Indian Beef Lettuce Cups by The Texan New Yorker
- Vegetarian Piadina Flatbreads by she loves biscotti
- Yuca Fritters Stuffed with Cheese by Basic N Delicious
- Blackberry Fried Hand Pies by The TipToe Fairy
- Blueberry and Brie Tarts by Momma’s Meals
- Roasted Rhubarb Hand Pies by Baking Sense
- Salted Caramel Cream Puffs by The Redhead Baker
- Plus Plus Bite-sized Berry Pavlovas and More Finger Food Recipes from Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.