On the Menu Today~
Spicy Cajun Shrimp Dip
Spicy Cajun Shrimp Dip made with
Diplicious Mardi Gras Cajun Dip Mix and
Served with Garlic Toasts
You can serve this deliciously spicy, cheesy dip with
homemade garlic toasts or for convenience sake,
you can purchase garlic toasts at your local grocery store.
Garlic toasts can usually be found in the bakery department and
are relatively inexpensive.
Recipe for homemade garlic toasts follows.
green pepper, diced
sliced pickled jalapenos, minced (from a jar)
Diplicious Mardi Gras Cajun Dip Mix*
1 (8 oz) package
cream cheese, room temperature
pepper jack cheese, shredded
juice from one
- Preheat oven to 375º Peel, devein, rinse and pat shrimp dry.
- Chop shrimp into 3 pieces. Set aside
- In a small skillet over medium heat, heat olive oil until hot. Add celery, shallot, green pepper, garlic and jalapenos. Saute’ for 5 minutes, season with 1 teaspoon of Diplicious seasoning mix. Add shrimp and cook for 3 minutes only. Remove from heat, place mixture in a large bowl.
- Add sour cream, mayonnaise, cream cheese, 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese, lemon juice and remaining seasoning package. Mix well.
- Place mixture into a lightly greased oven proof casserole dish, top with remaining shredded pepper jack cheese.
- Bake for 25 to 35 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
*Substitute 1 to 2 tablespoons Cajun or Creole seasoning for the dip mix*
- Preheat oven to 350º
- Wrap garlic cloves in aluminum foil. Roast garlic in oven for 15 to 20 minutes. Remove garlic from oven, unwrap, place garlic in a small bowl. Let cool.
- Place softened butter in a medium bowl. With a fork, mash garlic, add to butter and mix well. Sprinkle parsley over butter and mix in. Set aside.
- Cut baguette diagonally. Spread butter mixture evenly on both sides of bread slices. Place slices on a baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake at 350º for 10 minutes or until golden brown.