On the Menu Today~
Old Fashioned Gingersnap Cookies
An Old Fashioned Gingersnap Cookie
with that classic taste everyone loves.
Crispy on the outside and
slightly chewy on the inside with
a pleasant, spicy flavor.
Not only are Old Fashioned Gingersnap Cookies
delicious with a glass of milk or
dunked into a mug of hot coffee,
gingersnap cookies make an excellent
cookie crumb crust for
cheesecakes and ice cream pies.
1 1/2 teaspoons
- 2 teaspoons minced crystallized ginger
unsalted butter, softened
firmly packed light brown sugar
sugar, for rolling
- Preheat oven to 350º
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, ground ginger, cinnamon, salt, ground allspice, ground cloves and minced crystallized ginger.
- In a large bowl, beat together the shortening, butter, brown sugar and sugar. Beat on medium speed until light and fluffy, 3 to 4 minutes. Add in the molasses and egg, beat until well incorporated. Add the flour mixture by scoopfuls and beat until combined.
- Place the 1/4 cup of sugar in a small bowl. Roll the dough into balls that are 1-inch in diameter, then roll in sugar. Place 12 balls on a baking sheet 2-inches apart.
- Bake cookies 9 to 11 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool.