We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Sun Dried Tomato Dip
This Sunday watch the Super Bowl and cheer on your favorite team while you dip into this fast, easy and delicious Sun-Dried Tomato Dip. Sun-dried Tomato Dip is a cheesy, hot dip that’s sure to score a touchdown! For a festive touch, shape this tasty dip into the shape of a football and use extra sliced sun-dried tomatoes on the top to look like the laces on a football. Serve with football shaped pretzels.
A Word About Sun-dried Tomatoes
Sun-dried Tomatoes once considered a “gourmet” item, are now being discovered by cooks everywhere. Packed with intense flavor, they are a wonderful addition to everything from meat, poultry and fish to rice, pasta, potatoes, salads and eggs. Once you start keep sun-dried tomatoes in your kitchen, you’ll be amazed by how easy it is to be creative with this flavorful ingredient.
Try these ideas to add a “gourmet” flavor to everyday meals.
- Add to tuna, chicken, potato or macaroni salads,
- Finely mince and add to your favorite vinaigrette
- Add to meatloaf mix along with a spoonful of prepared pesto
- Stir into spinach or onion dip
- Layer on a grilled cheese sandwich made with mozzarella cheese
- Stir into macaroni and cheese before baking
- Sprinkle on top of pizza
A delicious sun-dried tomato dip.
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup oil-packed, sun dried tomatoes, drained and patted dry
- 2 green onions, sliced
In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, cream together first 6 ingredients.
Fold in shredded mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese and sun-dried tomatoes.
Preheat oven to 350°
Spread cream cheese/sun dried tomato mixture into a greased 8 x 8 inch baking dish.
Bake covered for 30 minutes.
Remove cover, bake an additional 15 minutes.
Garnish with sliced green onions
Serve with pretzels, crackers, or corn chips.
Recipe Note: Bella Sun Luci sun-dried tomatoes. (Julienne cut with extra virgin olive oil and Italian herbs)
Recipes On Tap