On the Menu Today~
Sun Dried Tomato Dip
Watch the Super Bowl…
Cheer on your favorite team…
and dip into Sun-Dried Tomato Dip~
Easy and Delicious…
Sun-dried tomatoes, once considered a “gourmet” item,
are now being discovered by cooks everywhere.
Packed with intense flavor,
they are a wonderful addition for everything from
meat, poultry and fish to rice, pasta, potatoes, salads and eggs.
Once you start keeping sun-dried tomatoes on hand,
you’ll be amazed by how easy it is,
to be creative with this flavorful ingredient.
Try these ideas to add a “gourmet” flavor to everyday meals.
- Add to tuna, chicken, potato or macaroni salads,
- Finely mince and add to your favorite vinaigrette
- Add to meatloaf mix along with a spoonful of prepared pesto
- Stir into spinach or onion dip
- Layer on a grilled cheese sandwich made with mozzarella cheese
- Stir into macaroni and cheese before baking
- Sprinkle on top of pizza
from which they are made.
1 (8.5 oz) jar
sun dried tomatoes, drained (Bella Sun Luci sun-dried tomatoes, julienne cut with extra virgin olive oil and Italian herbs)
1 (8 oz) package
cream cheese, room temperature
ground black pepper
shredded mozzarella cheese
shredded Parmesan cheese
fresh basil leaves,
for garnish, optional
- Place drained tomatoes in a mini chopper, pulse 5 to 7 times. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, cream together cream cheese, mayo, salt and pepper.
- Fold in shredded mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese and sun-dried tomatoes.
- Preheat oven to 350º
- Spread cream cheese/sun dried tomato mixture into a greased 8 x 8 inch baking dish, shape into a football for fun or any fun shape you like.
- Bake covered for 30 minutes, remove cover, bake an additional 15 minutes longer.
Garnish with fresh basil leaves and/or sun-dried tomato strips, if desired.
Serve with pretzels, crackers, or corn chips.