Sun Dried Tomato Dip
This Sunday watch the Super Bowl and cheer on your favorite team while you dip into this fast, easy and delicious Sun-Dried Tomato Dip. Sun-dried Tomato Dip is a cheesy, hot dip that’s sure to score a touchdown! For a festive touch, shape this tasty dip into the shape of a football and use extra sliced sun-dried tomatoes on the top to look like the laces on a football.
A Word About Sun-dried Tomatoes
Sun-dried Tomatoes once considered a “gourmet” item, are now being discovered by cooks everywhere. Packed with intense flavor, they are a wonderful addition for everything from meat, poultry and fish to rice, pasta, potatoes, salads and eggs. Once you start keeping sun-dried tomatoes on hand you’ll be amazed by how easy it is to be creative with this flavorful ingredient. Try these ideas to add a “gourmet” flavor to everyday meals.
- Add to tuna, chicken, potato or macaroni salads,
- Finely mince and add to your favorite vinaigrette
- Add to meatloaf mix along with a spoonful of prepared pesto
- Stir into spinach or onion dip
- Layer on a grilled cheese sandwich made with mozzarella cheese
- Stir into macaroni and cheese before baking
- Sprinkle on top of pizza
- 1 (8.5 oz) jar
sun dried tomatoes, drained (Bella Sun Luci sun-dried tomatoes, julienne cut with extra virgin olive oil and Italian herbs)
- 1 (8 oz) package
cream cheese, room temperature
- 4 ounces
- pinch of
- 1/8 teaspoon
ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup
shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup
shredded Parmesan cheese
- fresh basil leaves,
for garnish, optional
- Place drained tomatoes in a mini chopper, pulse 5 to 7 times. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, cream together cream cheese, mayo, salt and pepper.
- Fold in shredded mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese and sun-dried tomatoes.
- Preheat oven to 350º
- Spread cream cheese/sun dried tomato mixture into a greased 8 x 8 inch baking dish.
- Bake covered for 30 minutes, remove cover, bake an additional 15 minutes longer.
Garnish with fresh basil leaves and/or sun-dried tomato strips, if desired. Serve with pretzels, crackers, or corn chips.