Pink Strawberry Rosette Meringue Cookies
Pink Strawberry Rosette Meringue Cookies have a subtle strawberry flavor and are pale pink in color. Pink Strawberry Rosette Meringue Cookies are the perfect cookie for Valentine’s Day. Not only are Pink Strawberry Rosette Meringue Cookies pretty, they taste delicious too. We have made’ ‘meringue’ cookies several times but this recipe is different..This recipe calls for adding powdered sugar to the batter making it creamy, sweet and
easy to work with.
You can change the look and flavor of these charming meringue cookies by simply changing the extract and food coloring. Pure mint extract and green food coloring would be great for St. Patrick’s Day, pure lemon extract and yellow food coloring for Easter and so on. Let your imagination run wild. We like to use Watkin’s pure extracts and/or flavorings. Decorate your meringue cookies with your favorite sprinkles or sparkling sugar.
large egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon
cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon
- 1 cup
lightly spooned powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon
pure strawberry extract
- few drops of
red food coloring
- red and white
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Beat egg whites in a large bowl with an electric mixer until frothy.
- Add cream of tartar, beat until soft peaks form. Slowly add the granulated sugar, 3 tablespoons at a time. Beat until the meringue reaches stiff peaks. Beat in strawberry extract.
- Add 2 to 3 drops of red food coloring, beat until you reach desired color.
- Fold in powdered sugar. Place the meringue in a piping bag with the tip of your choice. Pipe onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 2 hours, remove from oven, sprinkle with colored sprinkles, cool on wire rack.