We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Chocolate Custard Cups
This recipe makes 2 servings…One for you and One for your Valentine. Chocolaty with a hint of coffee flavor. Valentine’s Day is filled with Love, Candy, Flowers, Lingerie, Jewelry, Romantic Dinners, Wine and of course, Chocolate. This year for Valentine’s Day why not make your sweetie this
chocolaty dessert. Fast, Easy and So Delicious, plus it’s made with ingredients you probably already have on hand.
Perfect for Dessert
This Valentine’s Day you can go out to eat and fight the crowd of lovers or you can stay home. Why not make a delicious dinner for two at home? This fast and easy Valentine’s Dinner for Two will certainly put a smile on your sweethearts face. Here is my suggestions for a Valentine’s Dinner. Simple Salad with your favorite salad dressing, Twice Baked Potatoes and Heart-Shaped Rib-Eye Steak with Sauteed Mushrooms. For dessert Chocolate Custard Cups.
Heart-Shaped Steak for Two?
Depending on where you live, you might be able to locate a heart-shaped steak in your area. In my area you can purchase a Heart-shaped Rib-eye Steak at Cedar Creek Marketplace . Publix also has steaks in the shape of a heart if you have a Publix in your area. My advice would be to call around in your area and see where you can purchase one.
- 1/2 (1/4-ounce) envelope
- 2 tablespoons
- 1/3 cup
half and half
- 2 tablespoons
- 1 teaspoon
instant coffee crystals or espresso powder
- 1 1/2 ounces
bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 2/3 cup
cup skim milk
- pinch of
- sifted cocoa powder,
- whipped topping,
- In a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over 2 tablespoons cold water. Let soften 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, bring half-and-half to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low; whisk in sugar and instant coffee until dissolved, about 1 minute. Whisk in chocolate until melted (be careful not to let it burn), about 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Whisk softened gelatin into chocolate mixture until gelatin has dissolved, about 1 minute. Stir in milk and salt. Strain into a large liquid measuring cup (for easy pouring). Divide between two 6-ounce coffee cups or custard cups.
- Refrigerate until set, at least 3 hours.
- Top with whipped topping and sprinkle with cocoa powder, if desired.