On the Menu Today~
Chocolate Custard Cups~
This recipe makes 2 servings…
One for you and
One for your Valentine.
Valentine’s Day is filled with;
Love, Candy, Flowers,
Lingerie, Jewelry and of course,
This year for Valentine’s Day,
why not make your sweetie this
1/2 (1/4-ounce) envelope
half and half
instant coffee crystals or espresso powder
1 1/2 ounces
bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
cup skim milk
sifted cocoa powder,
- In a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over 2 tablespoons cold water. Let soften 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, bring half-and-half to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low; whisk in sugar and instant coffee until dissolved, about 1 minute. Whisk in chocolate until melted (be careful not to let it burn), about 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Whisk softened gelatin into chocolate mixture until gelatin has dissolved, about 1 minute. Stir in milk and salt. Strain into a large liquid measuring cup (for easy pouring). Divide between two 6-ounce coffee cups or custard cups.
- Refrigerate until set, at least 3 hours.
- Top with whipped topping and sprinkle with cocoa powder, if desired.