For an extra added treat,
roll chocolate covered bananas in
Heath Bits O’ Brickle Toffee Bits….
While I was peeling the bananas to make this recipe,
I thought of that old double-dutch jump roping song,
It went something like this…
“Peel a banana upside down, See if you can touch the ground”
“If you spell your name correct, You may have another chance”
“Capitol L-Y-N-N Capitol H-U” and so on…
I remember jump roping to that song….
Do kids even jump rope anymore??
Well, I’m pretty sure that “song” has dated me…
…On to the recipe…
Even though chocolate covered bananas have been around forever,
I have never made them or eaten one….
I have no idea why I waited so long to make these tasty treats…..
Chocolate covered bananas are delicious,
what a great way to eat a banana….
ripe but firm bananas, peeled and cut in half crosswise
semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips, melted or use a good quality dipping chocolate
sweetened flaked coconut
chopped toffee bars
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or wax paper.
- Peel, then cut each banana in half crosswise.
- Insert a popsicle or wooden stick into each banana half.
- Cover each banana piece with melted chocolate using a large spoon.
- Sprinkle or roll in shredded coconut and/or chopped toffee bars.
- Place bananas on lined baking sheet and freeze until frozen, about 2 hours.
- Store banana “pops” in a ziplock storage baggie, laying flat in your freezer.
I used ” plastic sticks” from a bouquet
my daughter received from
I don’t recommend using the plastic sticks
due to the fact they were much to flimsy and
the bananas became “top heavy”…….
stick with wooden popsicle sticks for this recipe.