We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Chocolate Chip Panettone French Toast Bake
Chocolate Chip Panettone French Toast Bake is made using a packaged panettone, so it couldn’t get any easier to make. This is a delicious make a-head French toast bake, great to make on a leisurely week-end morning. This time of year, you’ll most likely find panettone on clearance….an even better reason to make Chocolate Chip Panettone French Toast Bake
What is Panettone?
Panettone [pan-uh-TOH-nee] A sweet yeast bread made with raisins, citron, pine nuts, anise and/or chocolate chips. It’s baked in a tall, cylindrical, straight-sided mold called a Panettone mold. Panettone originated in Milan Italy, and is traditional served at Christmastime, but also for celebrations such as weddings and christenings. It can be served as a bread, coffeecake or dessert.
- 1 (1 pound 10.5 ounce) box
chocolate chip panettone
- 6 large
- 1/3 cup
- 1/4 teaspoon
- 1 teaspoon
- Lightly greased a 11 x 8 x 2- inch baking dish or 2-quart baking dish.
- Cut panettone into large cubes. Place panettone cubes into prepared baking dish.
- In medium bowl beat together eggs, milk, ground cinnamon and vanilla extract.
- Pour egg mixture over panettone cubes, with the back of a large spoon, lightly press panettone cubes into egg mixture. Cover with clear plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight.
- Take baking dish out of refrigerator 45 minutes before baking.
- Preheat oven to 350º remove plastic wrap from baking dish and replace with a sheet of foil.
- Bake for 45 minutes, remove foil, bake 15 to 20 longer or until light brown and puffed.