We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Rustic Pear and Cranberry Tart
Remember this is a Rustic Tart
- 1 quart
pear and cranberry pie filling
- 2 tablespoons
- 2 cups
sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon
- 3/4 cup
well chilled shortening
- 4 to 8 tablespoons
cold (ice) water
- 2 tablespoons milk and 2 tablespoons sugar, garnish
- Preheat oven to 375º
- Combine flour and salt in medium bowl. Cut in shortening using a pastry blender until all flour is blended to form pea-sized pieces. Sprinkle with cold (ice) water, 1 tablespoon at a time. Toss lightly with a fork until dough forms a ball.
- Form dough into a small circle. Wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or up to 1 hour.
- Roll dough into a rustic 12-inch circle, adding more flour as needed to prevent sticking. Carefully transfer the crust to a baking sheet (preferably one without sides) lined with parchment paper.
- Spoon pear cranberry pie filling into center of crust, spreading it out slightly. Fold crust up and over pie filling, crust will not completely cover pie filling. Using pastry brush, brush milk over crust. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons sugar over crust.
- Bake at 375º for 40 to 45 minutes or until crust is golden brown and pie filling is bubbly.
- Remove from oven and cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes. Serve warm with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
Recipe: Pear Cranberry Pie Filling