On the Menu Today~
Rustic Pear and Cranberry Tart
What could be easier than a rustic tart.
You don’t even have to roll out a crust~
pear and cranberry pie filling
sifted all-purpose flour
well chilled shortening
4 to 8 tablespoons
cold (ice) water
- Preheat oven to 375º
- Combine flour and salt in medium bowl. Cut in shortening using a pastry blender until all flour is blended to form pea-sized pieces. Sprinkle with cold (ice) water, 1 tablespoon at a time. Toss lightly with a fork until dough forms a ball.
- Form dough into a small circle. Wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or up to 1 hour.
- Roll dough into a rustic 12-inch circle, adding more flour as needed to prevent sticking. Carefully transfer the crust to a baking sheet (preferably one without sides) lined with parchment paper.
- Spoon pear cranberry pie filling into center of crust, spreading it out slightly. Fold crust up and over pie filling, crust will not completely cover pie filling. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons sugar over crust.
- Bake at 375º for 40 to 45 minutes or until crust is golden brown and pie filling is bubbly.
- Remove from oven and cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes.
Serve warm with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
Recipe: Pear Cranberry Pie Filling