On the Menu Today~
Restaurant Style Refried Beans and
Refried Bean Torte
Restaurant Style Refried Beans are Delicious!
Once you make this recipe for refried beans,
you’ll never buy another can of refried beans again….ever.
A huge bonus…..
this recipe is made in the crock-pot!
dried pinto beans, rinsed and sorted
chicken bouillon granules
onion, finely diced
2 1/2 teaspoons
salt and pepper
- Add all ingredients except the salt, pepper and oil to the crock-pot. Cook on high for 7 to 9 hours. (My refried beans were done in 7 hours)
- Use an immersion blender to puree the beans until smooth. Add more water if needed. Add vegetable oil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve as a side dish with salsa and shredded queso cheese.
A torte is a delicious layered dip made for any occasion.
Torte’s can be made with cream cheese, pesto, sun-dried tomatoes,
salsa, shredded cheese, or guacamole.
Layered in a plastic wrap lined mold, bowl or loaf pan,
refrigerated several hours or overnight.
restaurant style refried beans, divided
queso fresco cheese, shredded
- Line a 6-cup mold, glass bowl, or 8 x 4 inch loaf pan with plastic wrap.
- Spoon half of the refried beans in bottom of mold, bowl or pan; smooth top with spatula.
- Spoon salsa evenly over refried beans; smooth top with spatula.
- Sprinkle with shredded or crumbled queso cheese.
- Repeat layers ending with cheese.
- Tap filled mold, bowl or pan on counter to pack down.
- Cover and chill for 24 hours.
- To serve: Turn mold, bowl or pan upside down down on serving platter. Remove plastic wrap. Serve with tortilla chips, broken taco shells or corn chips.