On the Menu Today~
Frito Bandito Snack Mix~
If it’s Sweet, Salty and Chocolaty…
I’m in line….
with a big bowl!
Frito Bandito Snack Mix
is very addictive….
You have been warned~
Pssst….Don’t forget to hang your stockings tonight….
This recipe comes to you via my daughter,
from my niece Katie.
Katie is an aspiring photographer,
with a great eye for taking pictures and
with one bite of this delicious snack,
you’ll discover she also has a sweet tooth.
Check out her facebook page at: Katie Lynn Captures
This recipe is very flexible…
add more chocolate chips if you like or
you could use half a cup of milk chocolate chips and
half a cup of butterscotch chips melted…yum!
You can even make this snack mix into bars.
After gently tossing everything together,
simply pour snack mix into a 13 x 9 baking dish,
press mixture down and cut into bars..
2 (23 oz) packages (family size)
frito scoops corn chips or regular corn chips
milk chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- Line a 10 x 15 inch baking pan with foil.
- Pour slightly crunched corn chips on prepared pan.
- In a medium saucepan, bring sugar and corn syrup to a boil over medium heat, boil 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter until smooth.
- Pour mixture over corn chips, gently toss everything together with a large spoon.
- Place milk chocolate chips and 2 tablespoons peanut butter into a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high power for 45 seconds, stirring thoroughly every 20 seconds. Repeat until chocolate/peanut butter mixture is almost melted. (some pieces of chips should still be visible) Remove from microwave and stir until smooth.
- Drizzle over corn chip mixture, gently toss everything together with a large spoon.
- Allow mixture to cool, break into pieces or press corn chip mixture into a buttered 13 x 9 inch baking dish and cut into bars.