Chocolate Crinkle Blossoms
A Christmas cookie tray isn’t complete without these Chocolate Crinkle Blossoms. These have to be one of my all time favorite cookies, even though I think I say that about all cookies! Super easy to make, with a slight peppermint flavor that comes from the peppermint extract, chocolate crinkle blossoms will disappear fast. To add an even more festive look to these cookies, use white chocolate and red swirled kisses.
- 1 1/2 cups
- 3/4 cup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons
- 1/4 teaspoon
- 1/2 cup (1 stick)
butter, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups
- 1/2 teaspoon each
vanilla extract and peppermint extract
- 1 cup
powdered sugar for rolling
Hershey’s Chocolate Kisses
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 350º
- Whisk together flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- With an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs and extracts, beating until combined and scraping down the sides of bowl as needed.
- Gradually add the flour mixture, beating on low until combined. The mixture will be sticky.
- Place the bowl in the refrigerator and chill for 1 hour.
- Use a teaspoon cookie scoop, scoop into balls. Place the powdered sugar in a bowl. Gently roll each ball in the powdered sugar until coated.
- Place coated balls on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake at 350º for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from the oven and immediately press a Hershey kiss candy on top of each hot cookie. Remove cookie from baking sheet and cool on wire rack.