On the Menu Today~
Chocolate Crinkle Blossoms
Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
1 1/2 cups
1 1/2 teaspoons
1/2 cup (1 stick)
butter, room temperature
1 1/4 cups
1/2 teaspoon each
vanilla extract and peppermint extract
powdered sugar for rolling
Hershey’s Chocolate Kisses
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 350º
- Whisk together flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- With an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs and extracts, beating until combined and scraping down the sides of bowl as needed.
- Gradually add the flour mixture, beating on low until combined. The mixture will be sticky.
- Place the bowl in the refrigerator and chill for 1 hour.
- Use a teaspoon cookie scoop, scoop into balls. Place the powdered sugar in a bowl. Gently roll each ball in the powdered sugar until coated.
- Place coated balls on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake at 350º for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from the oven and immediately press a Hershey kiss candy on top of each hot cookie. Remove cookie from baking sheet and cool on wire rack.
These cookies participated in
The Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap 2015