On the Menu Today~
Bacon Wrapped Shrimp with Plums
Welcome to Football Friday
Game Day Recipe~
Bacon Wrapped Shrimp with Plums.
Any recipe that involves bacon scores a
Touchdown with me!
jumbo shrimp, deveined and tail removed
6 (from a 14 oz can) whole purple
pineapple chunks (from a can)
center cut bacon, cut in half crosswise
firmly packed brown sugar
2 to 3 teaspoons
- Preheat oven to 350º Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. Set aside.
- Drain purple plums, reserve juice for another use. Remove pits from plums, discard. Cut plums in half, pat excess juice from plums with paper towels. Set plums aside.
- Holding a shrimp, nest one plum (pineapple chunk) in the natural curve of the shrimp, then wrap bacon around the shrimp and plum (pineapple chunk), secure with a toothpick. Wrap and secure all 12 shrimp.
- In a large resealable bag, mix together brown sugar and chili powder. Add bacon wrapped shrimp to bag with brown sugar mixture. Seal bag, shake gently to coat each bacon wrapped shrimp.
- Arrange bacon wrapped shrimp on foil lined baking sheet, arrange so they aren’t touching each other. Bake at 350 for 30 to 45 minutes or until browned and crisp-