On the Menu Today~
Shrimp Scampi with
Lemon-pepper Fettuccine and
Tipsy Carrot Coins
large shrimp with tail, peeled and deveined, thawed if frozen
Parmesan cheese, divided
grated lemon peel
1 (16 oz) package
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium low heat, add butter, stir until melted. Season with salt and pepper. Add crushed garlic and saute’ for 3 minutes. Add shrimp and saute’ for 5 minutes. Stir in white wine and simmer for 5 minutes more.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, lemon peel and lemon juice. Simmer 3 to 5 minutes.
Serve with lemon-pepper fettuccine and garnish with lemon wedges, if desired.
|Shrimp Scampi with Lemon-pepper Fettuccine|
Looking for a new way to enjoy your carrots?
Then give this recipe a try~
The alcohol in the bourbon evaporates during cooking and
a wonderful flavor is left behind to season the carrots.
Does the alcohol burn off?
Alcohol not only evaporates without heat,
but the majority also burns off during the cooking process.
How much remains in the dish depends in the cooking method and
in the amount of cooking time.
A bottle of beer in a long-simmered stew
is not going to leave a measurable amount of alcohol behind,
but will give the dish a rich, robust flavor.
The darker the beer, the more flavor.
A wine reduction sauce will leave little if any alcohol content.
Heat and time are the key.
Uncooked foods with alcohol will retain the most alcohol..
Rum Ball anyone??
carrots, peeled and cut diagonally into “coins”
salt and pepper,
- Cook the carrots for 8 minutes or until fork tender, drain well.
- Add the remaining ingredients and toss to coat the carrots.
- Simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- Pour into a hot serving dish.
This is not a Sponsored Post.
Turnips 2 Tangerines is dedicated to passing
along quality “food finds” to our readers.