On the Menu Today~
Homemade Pear Vinegar
Homemade Pear Vinegar is easy and
economical to make.
Most vinegar made at home
is made from apples or pears, (usually the scraps)
sugar or honey and filtered water.
Homemade Pear Vinegar makes a delicious vinaigrette.
Drizzle Pear Vinaigrette over salad greens tossed with toasted walnuts,
thin slices of pear and crumbled Gorgonzola cheese.
Vinegar is well know for its many benefits….
medicinal benefits, weight-loss benefits,
removal of warts, hair and skin care, household
cleaning and of course, salad dressing.
pears, chopped plus cores and peels
- Fill jar half full with chopped pears and pear scraps.
- Pour in sugar and add water, stir.
- Cover jar with a towel or cheesecloth.
- Allow to ferment for 7 to 10 days at room temperature, stirring once a day. After that time, strain out the fruit and fruit scraps, discard.
- Ferment the vinegar for 2 to 3 weeks longer.