Candy Corn Waffles
Using a boxed pancake/waffle mix is the secret to making these easy waffles. You can use pancake/waffle mix that you just add water or you can use the kind of mix that calls for eggs and/or milk. The only other ingredients needed are food coloring. I like to use “gel” food coloring, only because “gel” coloring comes in just about any color you will ever need, including white.
- 1 box
of your favorite pancake/waffle mix, prepared per package directions
- yellow, orange, white
food coloring (if you can find it)
- waffle toppings
of your choice
- Prepare waffle mix according to package directions. Divide batter between three bowls.
- Use food coloring to turn the batter in one bowl yellow, one orange and leave the third bowl plain or tint batter white.
- Pour the colored batter onto the waffle maker layering for a candy corn effect.
- The center should be plain or white, the middle yellow, and the outside orange.
- Cook according to waffle maker directions.
- Serve with the toppings of your choice.