We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Deep Dish Caramel Apple Pie
Apple Fest Week is happening this week and this next recipe is out of this world! Deep Dish Caramel Apple Pie is wonderfully delicious. Two refrigerated pie crusts are used to line a 9-inch springform pan. Then canned or homemade pie filling is spooned into the prepared pan and the apples are drizzled with caramel sauce. A combination of oats, brown sugar, butter, flour and ground cinnamon are sprinkled on the top and baked until golden brown.
Serve Deep Dish Caramel Apple Pie with Vanilla Bean Ice Cream, Cinnamon Ice Cream or Caramel Swirl Ice Cream for a decadent dessert.
- 1 1/4 cups
- 3/4 cup
firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup
- 1/2 teaspoon
- 6 tablespoons
cold butter, cubed
- 1 to 2 quarts
(homemade) apple pie filling
- 1/4 cup
caramel sauce of your choice
- 1 package (9-inch)
refrigerated pie crust
- Preheat oven to 375º
- Combine oats, brown sugar, flour and cinnamon, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Set aside.
- Unroll pie crusts, carefully fit pie crusts into 9″ springform pan, overlapping pie crusts to fit. Cut off any overhanging crust.
- Top crust with apple pie filling.
- Drizzle with 1/4 cup caramel sauce.
- Sprinkle with the crumble topping, pat topping down lightly.
- Bake in preheated oven for 50 to 60 minutes.
- Remove from oven, cool in pan on wire rack for 15 minutes.
- Run a butter knife around inside of the springform pan, carefully remove sides of springform pan. Cool slightly before serving.
- Serve with vanilla or cinnamon ice cream.
Recipes On Tap
Caramel Sauce use in this recipe: Ecker’s Caramel Sauce