Egg Salad Sandwich
Classic Egg Salad Sandwich
The Egg Salad Sandwich belongs to that elite group of classic lunch time sandwiches that can be found on any diner menu throughout the country. Other sandwiches on this list are; bologna or fried bologna sandwich, tuna salad, grilled cheese using American cheese slices, chicken salad, ham salad, club sandwich, BLT and something I’ve never had, a pork chop sandwich.
Twice A Year
About twice a year I crave this old fashioned sandwich. I only like it served on white bread, never toasted. I think it tastes best when warm and within a few hours of preparing. Also, we like to use miracle whip salad dressing when making egg salad. One thing I don’t understand is how anyone can purchase, let alone eat, one of those egg salad sandwiches that they sell at convenient stores. You know the ones, they can be found in the refrigerated section. How long have they been sitting there ya think? Doesn’t the bread get soggy? It just grosses me out!
Egg Salad Sandwiches
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 dill pickle spear, finely diced
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- white bread or bread of your choice
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Spread egg salad on bread. Slice in half.
- Serve with a dill pickle spear and potato chips.
Recipes On Tap