We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Fresh Tomatoes with Blue Cheese Dressing
Aren’t sure what to do with your over abundance of garden tomatoes? Try this easy recipe…Fresh Tomatoes with Blue Cheese Dressing is about as easy as it gets. Besides being super easy, it’s super delicious. It’s also one of my favorite ways to eat fresh tomatoes. I think that fresh tomatoes are best served as simple as possible. Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing is drizzled over fresh tomatoes. So simple, yet so delicious.
Nothing better than vine-ripened fresh tomatoes.
- 4 large ripe fresh tomatoes, cut into quarters
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- Blue Cheese Dressing
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream or plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 3 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1 green onion, white part only, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons tarragon vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
In a food processor or blender, process all dressing ingredients until smooth.
Pour dressing into a small bowl, cover and stir. Refrigerate.
Before serving dressing, stir in a little buttermilk, if necessary to make dressing the consistency you like.
Place quartered tomatoes in a serving bowl, sprinkle with sliced green onions and season with salt and pepper.
Drizzle with blue cheese dressing.
Sprinkle with fresh grated Parmesan cheese
Dressing will keep for one week, refrigerated. Yield one cup.