We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Cheesy Zucchini Boats
It’s Zucchini Time! Zucchini is a popular summer squash shaped like a slightly curve cylinder, a bit smaller at the top than the bottom. Zucchini ‘s color can vary from dark to light green. Zucchini’s size can range from as tiny as a finger while some home grown zucchini can reach a mammoth 3 feet long, or more! Common supermarket length is 4-8 inches long. Cheesy Zucchini Boats are Delicious!
Zucchini is available year round in most supermarkets and depending where you live, zucchini is available at most farm markets in late July through October. Select small zucchini which should be free of blemishes and have a vibrant color. Zucchini can be cooked by a variety methods including: .steaming, grilling, sauteing, deep-frying and baking.
Summer squash have thin, edible skins and soft seeds. The tender flesh has a high water content, a mild flavor and doesn’t require long cooking. The most widely available summer squash are: Crookneck, Pattypan and Zucchini. Summer squash is best from early through late summer. Select smaller squash with bright-colored skin free of spots.
Summer squash is very perishable and should be refrigerated in a plastic bag for no more than 5 days. Summer squash are high in vitamins A and C,
as well as niacin. I want to thank Fred for this fantastic recipe.
- 4 to 6
- 3 tablespoon garlic and herb seasoning
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups
Italian-style finely shredded cheese
- 1/2 cup
fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- Slice zucchini in half, lengthwise.
- With a small spoon, scoop out the seeds.
- Place zucchini in a 13 x 9 baking dish.
- Sprinkle with garlic and herb seasoning, drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until fork tender.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with Italian-style shredded cheese and fresh grated Parmesan cheese. Return to oven, bake an additional 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.