On the Menu Today~
Making your own flavored vinegar is fun, easy and economical.
The flavor of homemade vinegar is much more intense than the store-bought kind.
Another added bonus, you know exactly what is in your vinegar.
If using flavored vinegar for culinary purposes,
use a good quality white wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar.
white wine vinegar
- Wash blackberries. Place blackberries in a large bowl. Cover with vinegar. Place a plate on top of the mixture. Place a heavy object on top of the plate. Leave the mixture for 5 to 7 days. Stir mixture every day.
- After 7 days~ Uncover and stir.
- With the back of a spoon or ladle, press down carefully to mash the berries and release their juices. Pour the mixture through a sieve into a large saucepan. Add the sugar to the liquid. Stir and heat until boiling.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Pour mixture into sterilized bottles and cover tightly.
- Label and date the bottle. Store in a dark place for several months or up to one year.
Until Next Time~